Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MAP Sprint Triathlon

So sprints are not really my thing. I did MAP this year because of the great cause and to get good practice for upcoming races. I enjoyed some good laughs with fellow teammates Kristin Villopoto, Stacey Richardson, Jackie Miller, Wade Laufenberg, Ken Younts, Tom Clifford and Nasrin Azari before the race.

Fumbled through the swim and then started the bike. From the get-go, I felt like I was riding in to a very strong headwind or riding through a big mud puddle. Had on a heart-rate monitor that day and noticed that my heart-rate was very high but my bike speed was very low. Saw my competitors and everyone else pass me despite hard efforts. Mmmmm…..

At about mile 12 on the bike, my ride started to feel a bit bumpy. Put-putted in to transition and realized that I had a flat tire. I would later learn from a bike mechanic that I had a slow leak in my tire, explaining the feeling of riding through mud through-out most of the bike today.

No podium for me but a fun day with my teammates.

No comments: